About the Friends of the Suffolk Historic Churches Trust
Members of the SHCT are called “Friends” and they include:
- individuals who love Suffolk’s churches and want to support the work of protecting our churches and chapels for future generations
- churches who have benefited from grants in the past, may need to in the future or who wish to support other churches in need of help
- businesses and organisations who appreciate the work of the SHCT and wish to show their support.
By becoming a Friend of the Suffolk Historic Churches Trust, you can actively enjoy Suffolk’s living heritage of ancient churches and chapels, and help preserve them for future generations.
- receive a newsletter twice a year
- have the opportunity to take part in our Study Days, looking with specialist guidance at various aspects of Suffolk’s wealth of churches
- receive an invitation to the annual Friends Meeting and Supper.
Join the Friends of the Suffolk Historic Churches Trust
To apply for membership of the Friends of the Trust, please click here to download the Application Form. Alternatively, an application form may be obtained by telephoning or writing to the Trust.
The Adminstrator, SHCT, Brinkleys, Hall Street, Long Melford, Suffolk CO10 9RJ
Tel/Fax: 01787 883884
Details of Friends activities will be sent to you on receipt of your completed Membership Application Form.
Membership fees are currently set at a minimum annual donation but many Friends give much more than this each year and we would like to express our thanks at their generosity. The minimum we ask for is :
|Churches and PCCs||£25|
|Individual Life Friends||£300|
|Joint Life Friends||£450|
It is also very helpful, if you are a UK tax payer, to complete the Gift Aid Form, which enables the trust to reclaim tax against your donation. This costs you nothing and if you pay tax at the higher rate, you may also offset the donation against your own tax bill.
All churches, PCCs businesses and individuals are welcome as Friends of the Trust.
Churches and PCCs that are Friends of the Trust are not required to pay the 2% administrative charge levied on all grants made by the Trust.
Forthcoming Friends Events
To view our latest Friends Events please consult our News & Events page.